Friday, September 17, 2021

 




September 17, 2021
My Devotion 
My Heart
Guide, Satisfy, & Strengthen
Teresa Jenkins

The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame.  You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah58:11

This verse keeps coming back to me this week, I must be needing the reminder.

Guide: God will show you the way, the what, and the how...one step at a time.

Satisfy: He will meet your need and sprinkle in your wants.

Strengthen:  God will make you stronger through His strength, His wisdom, and His love.

I have never met a human being that does not worry or fear to some degree.  I do know people who stress very little.  The other day I was fretting about something, choices to make, insignificant, really, but still I allowed it to rile up within me.   After a while of complaining about it and trying to talk to my husband, but it was insignificant to him.  So, I stopped talking to him about it, because that wasn't helping.  I went about my day and said in my heart, "God, I know this insignificant, it won't matter one way or the other, so here it is, You take it and I will trust You to solve it."  by the end of the day, it was solved.  Not an issue anymore.

I know my issue was insignificant, but god listened.  He helped me in the most microscopic issue.  He guided me straight to the answer after I gave it up.  It's harder for me to ask for help in the little things than in the big things...but even the BIG things to me are dust under HIs feet.  Still, we live in a time that fear is a big ugly monster stealing our joy, our hope, and our peace of mind.  There is turmoil in our spiritual wellbeing.

He tells us to pray about everything.  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7

Every detail about life is important to God, and that means you and and what you are going through today.  Our darkest most difficult times always brings the brightest tomorrows.  Every past situation you or I have endured, has give us greater faith, hope, and strength.

Christianity is a practice.  With life we get better at it, we've learned from experience that God is the God of guidance, satisfaction and strength.  We didn't learn it because life was always easy.  Easy is in heaven.  IN this life we will have trouble, but take hold of your heart, be courageous, HE has overcome the world.  God may be silent but He is always at work for us.

Indeed, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.  God is not laid back on His throne watching us suffer, He is a loving God, not wanting anyone to perish, but give us life through Jesus His Son.  The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.  the Lord shall preserve you from all evil.  ...He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.  Psalm. 121:4-8

Fear is a liar, it is relentless in deception; it will make you believe and follow those who seek to destroy you.   But God, He liberates us because He is for us.

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.  what can man do to me? ...It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in kings.  Psalm 118:6, 8-9

Trust Him.  He will guide you, He will satisfy you, He will strengthen you.  In Christ, we are invincible until He calls us home. 


In HIS Time

For HIS Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment