Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Amazing Love How Great is His Love!

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! ...Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself just as He is pure. 1John 3:1&3

How could it be that Jesus would die for you and me? Why? All my life I have been taught the story of Jesus' birth, His ministry, and His sacrifice and resurrection, and in all my ability to understand I just cannot mentally understand it. Mos of us are concrete learners; we have to see it, touch it, use it, or experiment with it to get understanding. But we cannot do that with Jesus. We don't have the privilege that Thomas had to see and to feel the scars in Jesus' hands and feet and side. Thomas was not with the disciples when Jesus first appeared to them after He was resurrected and when the disciples told him, he said unless I put my fingers into the nail scars in His hand and my hand into the scar on His side I will not believe.

In Thomas' defense think about it...Jesus died the most brutal death and all that sustains life in any human body was poured out of him through his wounds. No medical professional of today's best medical ability could have resuscitated Him immediately after death, but three days had passed before Jesus rose from the dead and walked among them again. It was only by the power of God that He exerted into Jesus life in His human body again. It was a miracle not anyone could believe unless they saw it for themselves.

Jesus came to where they were and told Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." ...Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:27-30.

Thomas and the others were blessed to be in Jesus' presence in the physical, but you and I are more blessed because we can't see or touch Him and we still believe. They had Jesus with them, He talked with them, He prayed with them, He taught them, He played with them, He worked with them. Everything we do on a daily basis, Jesus was right there with them working and playing with them. Jesus is with you and me too. He told the disciples that he had done great things while He was with them, but they and we would do even greater things, because after He went away in the physical the Holy Spirit would come into us and help us do greater things. When we completely give up everything and let Jesus have 100% of who we are there are no limits to what we can do.

"Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Be very careful, then how you live--not as unwise, but as wise, make the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Ephesians 4:14-15

Experience your own resurrection, rise up from your sleep, you are no longer dead in your sins, but are alive in Christ who is waiting to do even greater things in you and through you than He did. The days we live in are evil, but we have the power that raised Christ from the dead at work in us to overcome all evil. The war is already won, the battle may still be raging around us, but we are more than conquerors because we believe in Jesus who we have not seen, but know He is alive and sitting at the right hand of the Father. One day He will come back again and our understanding will be like He is, full of His glory. Make life in Christ your priority. He paid a high price for you and I to continue to live in defeat one second longer. Rise and Shine and give God all the glory! Amen and Hallelujah forever and ever!

How great is the love that the Father has lavished on us? Amazing love we cannot comprehend but we can hold on to. As far as the east is from the west, to infinity and beyond, that is how much great His love is for you.

In HIS Time
Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Teresa-
    This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear tonight. I'm in a rut. Struggling with stress and worry. It's easier said than done "giving 100% over to Him". But this is a good reminder that He will guide me and lead me where I need to go. God is in control of everything- I need Him to hold my hand right now.
    You are so wise, you really speak the truth from God's word. I look forward to reading your posts! I'm printing this out as an encouragement.

    Blessings,
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hayley, it is my heart's desire to be an encouragement and comfort with the encouragement and comfot I receive. I am blessed to know you have received encouragement. I am new at blogging and I hope to get more consistent with posting my devotionals on this blog. God bless you.

    In HIS Time
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete