Saturday, April 10, 2010

When the Battle Rages On and On

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 1Peter 5:7-8

I cam home exhausted, wounded from the battle of a very long day, feeling the pressure and turmoil of a war raging on the inside and out. It feels like everything around me is under attack. I really just wanted to crawl in the bed and cover up my head and hide, but my day was not over yet. The only way to describe how I felt was like a full blown bloody battle was going on. I felt it in my spirit and saw evidence of it all around me at work, in my spirit, and finally at home, Emotions of everyone around me were on edge and I was the worst one of all. Then when I got home I was getting ready to go to a weekly Bible study and right before I left my little dog of 9 1/2 years was hit and killed by a car within five minutes of letting her outside. Oh how I cried already raw from an emotionally draining day that was the last straw. I just couldn't take it.

As I drove to Bible study my heart was even heavier I didn't want to go, I knew what was going on and that the events of the day were evidence of the spiritual warfare going on. Satan was on a warpath, not only against me, but against, it seems like everyone I know. And he is.

We as believers are under attack. When we come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and accept that gift of salvation, we are no longer our own, we have been bought and paid for with a price. Being children of God is wonderful, our sins are forgiven, we have new life in Christ and full access to God and His power. Along with all the goodness of God because we are still in this world we face struggles, hardships, and full blown attacks from the enemy. Why? He can't steal us back from God; we are no longer in the grip and bondage of sin. No, Satan can't have us, but he can do everything he can to keep us from showing others the light and the way to Jesus. If he can keep us so busy in the battle we will be so distracted with the fight our testimony suffers, because our attitude isn't on the power and glory of God, but our attitude is that of human nature. We get frustrated, emotional, and instead of His grace flowing out of us, we can get down-right nasty. It is a war we get so caught up in fighting in the flesh we completely lose sight of what is really going on and we end up coming home at the end of the day weary and worn out because we fought a battle in the human nature instead of the Spiritual power Gd is within us. Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's (evil) schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the ruler, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:10-12

See how evil the devil is, he distracts us with relationship problems, with co-workers, with family, and with friends. Problems arise at work out of nowhere. Traffic jams, illness, rebellious children, sudden and tragic loss in death. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10 The devil will use everything we love against us to keep us from the abundant life we already have in Christ. He has one goal and that is to keep as many as he possibly can from knowing Christ and from having a close personal relationship with Christ because he is afraid of the power we possess in Christ. God has great plans for us and the devil knows it, but many of us miss those plans because he is so good at distracting us.

We live in defeat because we can't see past the problems for what they really are. There is only one way to defeat the enemy when he strikes; James 4:7, 8, & 10 says, "Submit yourselves, then to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you. ...Humble yourselves before the Lord and He will lift you up.

Yesterday I realized the source of my grief, the turmoil I couldn't explain was an attack to keep me from the plans God has for me. And though I know today may be filled with just as m any attacks if not more. Today I am more alert and aware so I can submit to God
s authority over me and through me, and the devil will flee. Stand firm then don't allow distractions to keep you from your victory! Satan is already defeated! We are on the winning side. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. There will be peace when the battle rages on and on.

In HIS Time
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment